Islamabad, 28 Sep, 2017: Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) organized China – Pakistan Engineering Forum (CPEF) at Islamabad on 28th September, 2017. Delegates from China Association of Plant Engineering Consultants (CAPEC), Chinese construction companies, representatives of public and private sector engineering organizations of Pakistan participated in the forum.
The forum was initiated to act as a bridge and to foster mutually beneficial relationship between Chinese and Pakistani engineering organizations for China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and related projects. MoU was signed between China Association of Plant Engineering Consultants (CAPEC) and PEC in April this year to set up a cooperative engineering platform named CPEF to play a role of an important contributor to the building of the CPEC. An important area of cooperation included that CAPEC will help PEC members to establish business in China and PEC will also provide similar support to companies from China interested to establish their businesses in Pakistan. Furthermore, CPEF will also facilitate information exchange between the technical organizations of the two countries.
Affiliated under the General Administration for Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) of PRC, CAPEC is nationwide non-profit organization of Chinese plant engineering consultants, designers, manufacturers and has around 15,000 members in fields of Coal, Chemical, Construction, Machinery, Power, Nuclear. Rail, Mining, Port, Ship Building, etc
Framework Initiatives planned under the CPEF during 2017-18, include
1. Regular China-Pakistan Delegation visits and events
2. Mutually supporting Initiatives at International forums
3. Effective Initiatives & continuity through signatory Organizations & working group
4. CPEF Website & web based collaboration forums
5. Inter-Company Professional Exchange Programs between Member companies for better understanding of Professional & Social working environments in both countries
6. Facilitation to promote mutually beneficial B2B collaborations in Consulting, Construction, Development and EPC/Turnkey areas among member companies
7. Visa Introduction letters for member companies on CPEF Initiatives & activities
8. Initiatives to translate and standardize equivalency in Engineering Codes, Standards & Regulations
9. Participation of CPEF’s Pakistani Delegation in CAPEC & BRI conferences in China and reciprocal actions in Pakistan
10. Effective, mutually beneficial & sustainable collaborations among CPEF members in CPEC & Belt & Road Initiatives
Engr. Jawed Salim Qureshi, Chairman PEC while addressing the participants of China-Pakistan Engineering Forum stated that he believes in equal opportunities in China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project for engineering community in both the countries. Pakistani constructors should also be facilitated in getting business opportunities in main land of China.
The collaboration objectives of CPEF were briefed by Zhang Ruijei and Arif Osmani. Speakers from NLC, CRCC, FWO presented success stories of their organizations.
A roundtable discussion was arranged in second session where companies from China and Pakistan introduced their projects and potentials. MoUs were signed between different organizations from both the countries.